Changing the mobile phone number can affect the use of the cell phone, especially with regard to contacts. And well, nowadays everyone uses WhatsApp What messaging appand surely these users have wondered: If I am going to change my WhatsApp number, can I notify my contacts? TechMarkup brings a detailed explanation.
WhatsApp has been in people’s lives for 12 years; The application was launched in 2009 and its growth has been unstoppable. Every month 2 billion people go online to send and receive messages. Every day they are sent through the application 100 billion messages and more than 1,000 million calls are made. Currently WhatsApp is still the most downloaded and used application to communicate by short message.
Almost everyone who has a smartphone use WhatsApp to communicate with friends and family. It may be the case that you want to continue using this messaging application, but with a new phone number.
How to notify WhatsApp contacts that the number has been changed
– The first thing to do is verify that WhatsApp is up to date on your phone. latest version available. You can do this from the virtual cell phone store Android either iOS.
– Then, enter the application and press the icon of the three vertical dots which is located at the top right.
– There, several options will appear, from which you have to choose New spread.
– You can select a minimum of 0 to a maximum of 256 contacts You may want to send them a message, notifying them of this change.
– It is recommended that this action be performed only on contacts that have been registered before, as it could be confused as spam content.
– Finally, press the check that is circled in green to confirm this broadcast list.
– And ready. The users who have been chosen will be able to receive the number change notice.
This is how you can know if a contact changed their WhatsApp number
If you need to know if a contact has changed their WhatsApp number, it is possible if you enter an individual conversation and the application itself displays the message “changed their phone number, tap to add a message or add a new number.”
In this way it will be known that that contact changed their number. WhatsApp offers the option that your new number can be stored in the contact list and thus updated with respect to the previous one.
This is how you can change the WhatsApp number
If you want to know how to change the WhatsApp number on the same phone you already had, follow these steps:
– Open whatsapp and anger ‘settings’.
– Then click on ‘Bill’ and in ‘Change number’.
– Then click on ‘Next’.
– Now put the old phone number in the first field and the new one in the second. It should be noted that it has to be in international format.
– Then click on ‘Following’ and confirm the action by clicking at the end on ‘Okay’.
It is true that if the WhatsApp number is changed, the conversations are deleted
If you change your phone number, but still using the same mobile device, all chats or conversations on the phone will still be available.
When you change the phone number on the same mobile, in addition to chats, the account information, including profile picture, name, information and settings from the old phone number to the new one will also be transferred.
What will be deleted will be the WhatsApp account linked to the old number. Contacts will no longer see that number in their contact lists. In the event that the telephone number and the terminal are changed, it is better to have made a conversations backup to be able to transfer them to the new mobile.
We at techmarkup.com provide information gathered from different resources by multiple authors including guest articles, We do not own any of the images or contents shared unless declared copyrighted for the image or content. If you find any copyrighted material on site please contact us at [email protected] techmarkup.com is a project of Arizona developers.