WhatsApp is working on the development of a function that allows users to send images with the original quality, avoiding losing details in the process, since the application currently reduces their quality to optimize the sending.
WABetaInfo was in charge of describing this tool, which is in the testing phase, in version 220.127.116.11 of the Beta version of the platform for Android and that it will have a simple operation for all users.
The new option will add a gear icon when sending a photo, located at the top of the interface. Pressing it will give access to a new ‘image quality’ menu and there will appear the boxes for the user to choose whether to reduce the size of the content or send it with the original.
The difference that this addition has with the function that is already available is that it allows sending in high quality for a specific image and for the chat at that moment, and not for everything that is sent in any conversation.
This addition will be of great help to all users, especially those who use WhatsApp as a work tool and through chat they share images and photographs with other people, but due to the current conditions of the application the content ends up losing quality, which is later reflected in issues of editing or publication on social networks.
For now it is not known when this tool will reach all users, since it is in a testing stage, but it is something that people have requested a lot.
It may interest you: WhatsApp lets you block any conversation from notifications
How to send high quality images on WhatsApp
While the new function arrives, there are certain tricks that allow you to share photos in high resolution through the application of Goal.
For the first case, it is a question of sending the content as if it were a file and not an image, that will mean that the original size will not be reduced. way to do it
1. Open the conversation in which the content is to be sent.
2. Click on the clip icon on the right side of the text box.
3. In the popup menu, choose Document.
4. Use the file browser to select the file or photo.
5. Send the photo or video as a document.
1. Go to the photo gallery and select the image to share.
2. Click on Share and choose the Save to Files option.
3. Specify a destination for the image.
4. Go to WhatsApp and open the chat in which the image will be sent.
5. Click on the Plus (+) symbol located in the lower right corner.
6. Touch Document.
7. In the file explorer choose the saved photo.
Another option is to enable the function that allows you to send the files from the gallery in the best possible quality. The point to take into account in this case is that all the photos that are sent will remain with this configuration, which alters data consumption and the space that this content will occupy in the cell phone storage.
To activate the tool, follow these steps:
1. Open WhatsApp settings.
2. Enter Storage and data.
3. Click on File upload quality.
5. Choose the Best quality option.
This setting will affect all sent content, both photos and videos.