Twitter announced through one of its official accounts the renewal of the graphic style present in its icons both on its website and for its Applications for devices Android Y iOS as part of the implementation of a new visual language.
As indicated by the companythe intention behind these changes is that this set of new icons in the social network harmonizes the new style of the platform in all its versions and “has a modern and optimized background to make future design changes and products in Twitter”.
The new designs of icons Twitter, as can be seen in the graphics elaborated by the social network, show thicker lines, designs simpler and with more rounded corners as in the case of the new versions of the icons of Start, Notifications, Messages Y communities, among others.
According to social network, these designs feature a more cohesive form, with “a bold style, but still relatable and a bit cheeky.” The update of the visual features of Twitter It will reach users all over the world, without distinguishing the operating system from its devicesin the following days as indicated by a company representative to the US media The Verge.
The Twitter Standards
According to Twitterit is important that the icons that they design comply with the six principles that will allow their evolution within the platform in the future, so that they go hand in hand with the development of your technology. These are:
– Global: It is important that the icons are understandable universally, so that your design it is designed to be understood by any culture and market.
– Direct: The idea behind the icons is that communicate their role clearly to anyone who interacts with them within the platform.
– authentic: Twitter recognizes that it wants its new icons to convey a identity one that matches your personality.
– flexible: Must be tunable, so that they can be used in various scenarios. In addition, Twitter indicates that the icons must evolve along with technology.
– Harmony: The new icons can work on their own and also as part of a family. Although it can evolve As a general system, it is possible to take one and improve it without affecting its harmony with the rest.
– Design: According to Twitter, the new icons follow standards of the industry and also those of the company itself at the time of creation.
Other Twitter design changes
Changes in the design of Twitter are not new at present, since the font of the platform, called “Chirp”, was given last year as part of the renewal of the social network. According to the company, this new typeface will “improve the way emotion and imperfection are conveyed.”
Also, another of the functions of this typography is that they allow to align the text of the tweet written in Western languages with the left side of the Interfacewhich in turn should make the content easier to read as you scroll through your timeline.
Also, as a little nod to users, if people type “[CHIRPBIRDICON]” inside the tweet compose window, this command will automatically turn into the tweet logo Twitter and will translate it as a character within a post.