For the first time in Mexico, the TikTok Awards for Businessa gala that rewards the creativity of brands and agencies in advertising campaigns that have been innovative and have had an impact on users.
“It is no longer about selling or entertaining, but about selling through entertainment. With the awards we want to celebrate and recognize the campaigns that have been created with this new moment in mind, as well as disseminate good practices and references for companies that have not yet approached the platform, so that they are aware of the opportunities”, he stated. Efrain MendicutiDirector of Global Business Solutions at TikTok Mexico.
The contents that may participate will be those that were published between January 1 and December 31, 2022 and those interested must apply before January 17, since the awards will be given on the 31st of this month.
These awards are given in several countries due to the importance of the social network as a sales and marketing tool, when creating new advertising and product sales formats.
An example of this is that according to IPSOS data, 43% of users claim to have discovered a new product in the application. Additionally, in Mexico the numeral #TikTokMeHizoComprarlo obtained more than 879 million views in 2022.
It may interest you: How to restrict content on TikTok so that only adults can see it
TikTok Awards for Business Categories
For this first edition of the awards in Mexico, there will be seven categories and a brand can register the same campaign in several of them at the same time, as long as it complies with the focus of the award. These are the categories:
1. Best Collaboration With A Creator: Focused on brands that worked with a content creator to pull off a successful ad.
2. Best Conversions/Performance campaign: to recognize those campaigns that achieved good conversion results and one of your products or services had a great sales performance.
3. Best TikTok first campaign: prize for companies designed specifically for the social network.
4. Engagement with the community: it’s for content that not only had a wide reach, but also led the community to co-create more videos and participate in other ways.
5. Best creative use of a trend: The opposite of the previous one, because here they will reward the campaigns that took advantage of viral content to adapt it to their brand in a creative, entertaining way and with business results.
6. Better use of sound: Music has an important role in the social network and this category rewards that good execution, evaluating whether it helped to tell the story in a better way or how it was commercially exploited.
7. Best diversity and inclusion campaign: Ads that have created initiatives that have contributed to promoting diversity and inclusion within communities are rewarded.
It may interest you: Instagram and TikTok: how to activate the narrator voice for videos
How to sign up
For companies that are interested in participating for these awards, the deadline is until January 17 and they must follow these steps by entering tiktokawardsbusiness.com.
1. Click on register case.
2. Create a TikTok Awards Business account,
3. Log in with the created account and click on the New Registration button.
4. The seven categories will appear, so you must select the ones that best represent the campaign.
5. Fill out the registration form with the name of the brand, campaign, creative idea and with the information requested.
6. Attach the videos of the campaign, as well as documents that prove the results and their impact.