There is an option to turn off the Wi-Fi connection at night when it is not in use or when no one is home. Some router models allow users to program this function so that it is carried out automatically and that the availability of the network adapts to the daily routine of families and individuals.
These are the steps that users should follow in order to configure the availability of the Wi-Fi network automatically.
How to program the router to turn off Wi-Fi automatically
Users should keep in mind that the configuration process of a router depends a lot on the model they have and the quality of the device. In addition, it is also possible that the telephone operators or internet service providers have blocked some features.
To find out if it is possible to make these modifications, it is necessary for users to access the configuration options of the device manually.
– Open your preferred browser and write the IP address of the home Wi-Fi network. To view it, users can enter the connection settings from a cell phone that is currently linked to the network and consists of a series of 4 numbers in the following format: 123.456.7.89.
– Once inside the platform corresponding to the home router, a username and password may be requested, which can be found on the back of the device.
– The option that should be found in the configuration center of the router should have the name of “Wi-Fi”, “WLAN” or “wireless connection”. The user has to click on it.
– Within this option, users will have to locate a section with the name “Wi-Fi planner”, “schedule” or “schedule”.
– Within this section of the Wi-Fi network configuration, it will be possible for users to register a set period of time for the use of the wireless connection by writing the start and end time within a certain time of the week.
– Once these settings have been established, people will be able to click on the “Save” option for the instructions to be applied to the device. Sometimes it will be necessary to restart the router for these to become established.
Once the device is configured, users must be aware that the established usage time is correct for the family’s lifestyle within the house. In addition, this feature will prevent cybercriminals from violating the security of the devices and accessing the Wi-Fi network could cause various problems for people living inside the house.
It is also possible to establish on and off times for products such as plugs that connect to the Wi-Fi network, however access to the configuration options is free and does not require additional investment by users.