– Now that the song has been imported into iTunes, you can see it on the screen.
– Make right click on the track, and select the option Song information.
– A new window will open. Tap on the tab Options.
– You will see two fields in which you can enter where the track begins and ends. Note that it can only be 30 seconds.
– When it has already been selected, tap on Okay to save the changes.
The sound should now edit correctly. Now almost can be set as iPhone ringtone. What follows now is convert song format to AAC and follow this process.
– Select the song again.
– tap on Archiveand later in the option Convert.
– To select Create AAC version.
– Now, a second version of the song has been created with the same name, although with AAC format.
– The next thing will be to open the location of the file. Press the track with right click, and select Show in Explorer Windows, If that’s the case. If you have it Macchoose Show in Finder.
– Take it to another more accessible folder for oneself.
– Touch the song file, and right click on it. tap on Rename.
– Change the format extension .m4a a .m4r; this will modify the file. If the system asks if you want to proceed, confirm.
Now, transfer the file to iPhone so you can set the ringtone
Now the second and last stage: transfer the song to iPhone and then set it as a ringtone. The process is fairly straightforward on Mac, although it can be a bit more tedious on Windows. Again, there is no reason to worry, TechMarkup brings you how to do it both ways:
If you have macOS as the operating system
As of macOS Catalina, iTunes no longer exists on Apple computers, although it can still be downloaded. Therefore, it will be necessary to resort to Finder of operating system.
– Connect iPhone to Mac.
– Accept the messages that appear on both devices. If necessary, enter the password when prompted.
– In it Finderfind the iPhone and select it.
– Enter the tab General.
– Here, open a tab and look for the tone that was created recently.
– Drag it to the tab where the iPhone is open and drop it in the section General.
Ready. Now you just have to disconnect the iPhone and look for the ringtone. Go to the application Setting; later Vibrate and Sound.
now go to Ringtone and select the one that was just transferred. And ready.
If you have Windows as the operating system
In the case of Windows, the iTunes tool will continue to be used to achieve our goal.
– Connect the iPhone to the computer.
– Confirm that both devices are trusted to proceed.
– Now, tap on the small icon of telephone that appears right next to the dropdown menu Music.
– In this section, choose Manage music and videos manually under the section Options.
– Once this is done, tap on Apply at the bottom and accept subsequent messages.
Well, we have finished preparing the iPhone and iTunes. The next thing will be to open the section toneswhich appears just below the section Devices from the left sidebar of the program.
Once on this screen, simply drag the newly created ringtone there. The song will automatically sync with the device.
Once the synchronization is complete, you can proceed to disconnect your iPhone.
Now all you have to do is find the newly created ringtone in the app Setting and go to vibrations and sounds. Here, choose the one that was just transferred and voila, it’s over.