The platform gmail, in addition to various updates to its system, is one of the most influential resources in the digital world. This allows you to send emails through any account or affiliated with Google.
However, it usually happens in situations of send emails without reviewing in advance and we missed a document or message for the recipient.
In this line, problems can occur if it is about labor coordination or if the user is applying for a vacancy for an important position and may not be able to send another email. Then How to solve it? Gmail has a simple trick to override these actions.
This is how you can delete a sent email with the ‘Cancel’ button
The best way to remove sending from an email is through the function dedicated to this. Using it is very simple, just follow these steps:
1. Open the Gmail app and once the user is in the inbox, touch the button in the lower right corner that says ‘Write‘.
2. Fill in the shipping information as shown in the image below. There use your own secondary mail.
3. Click on the icon send mail (it is shaped like a triangle). Doing so will take you back to your inbox, there a notification box will open in the bottom left corner of the screen it says ‘Undo‘ either ‘Cancel‘. Touch on it.
4. After a few seconds charging, It will return to the compose menu. Once there, you can adjust the errors in the shipping address or what was failing before sending it definitively.
This is how you can configure the Gmail undo send option
While the undo or cancel send button is the easiest way to avoid sending the wrong email, the duration of the notification is really shortso that, if it is not pressed within 5 seconds after sending, the option will disappear.
But the good news is that users can lengthen the duration of the box through the Gmail settings menu from a computer. To do so, follow these steps:
1. From the inbox press the cogwheel icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Doing so will open a sidebar corresponding to the ‘quick setup‘. Press the first button in the list that says ‘See all settings‘.
3. After the above, the configuration menu will be loaded. In the ‘General’ tab look for the title ‘Undo Send:‘. There is a list button, open it and select the seconds you want the cancellation period to last (5, 10, 20 or 30 seconds).
4. Finally, scroll to the end of the menu and press the ‘Save Changes‘ to end the settings.
A quick trick to avoid sending erroneous emails
By activating the function of ‘Confirm before shipping‘ could help any user confirm whether or not they want to send an email. This happens because when it is enabled, a box will open that will prevent the immediate sending of the mail.
So with these steps it will be more difficult to make shipping errors:
1. Once the user is in the Gmail inbox, open side menu (tap on the icon of the three horizontal lines).
2. Once there, scroll to the end of the bar and press the ‘Setting‘.
3. The menu will be changed. Now click on the option ‘General configuration‘ which tops the list.
4. Finally, go to the end of the bar and click on the option ‘Confirm before shipping‘ to enable the function.