During the last CES in Las Vegas Dell announced XPS 13 Plus, the 13-inch laptop “the best performing ever” according to the American multinational company. XPS 13 Plus and 13 Plus Developer Edition feature 12th generation Intel Core processors and a design characterized by a keyboard flush with the aluminum body, with larger “zero latex” keys that while maintaining a stroke of about 1 mm, according to the company, should ensure greater comfort, fluidity and efficiency while writing.
Compared to the past, on the XPS 13 Plus Dell has replaced the traditional function keys at the top of the keyboard – ESC key included – with a row of virtual touch buttons that allow for greater interactivity. Dell added that the change would also allow for better cooling of the machine. Another break from the past is the removal of the classic trackpad, replaced by a seamless glass touchpad that offers tactile feedback thanks to small motors with Piezo technology.
The XPS 13 Plus is now available for purchase on dell.com (link in VIA). Below are the key features. For the full technical overview we invite you to consult the article written at the presentation.
XPS 13 PLUS – MAIN FEATURES
– Processors: Intel Core i5 and i7 of 12th generation
– Graphics: Intel Iris Xe
– RAM (integrated): 8, 16 or 32 GB LPDDR 5 at 5,200 MHz
– Storage: 256 GB, 512 GB, 1 TB or 2 TB PCIe SSDs
– Display: 13.4-inch InfinityEdge with Dolby Vision in Full HD, 3.5K or 4K resolution with anti-glare coating
– Wireless: Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E 1675 (AX211)(2×2) + Bluetooth 5.2
o Four-speaker design with total power of 8W
o Dual microphone array optimized with Waves
– Materials: CNC machined aluminum
– Battery: 55 Wh (built-in, non-replaceable)
– AC adapter: 60W, (USB type C)
o 2x Thunderbolt 4 (USB Type-C) with DisplayPort and Power Delivery.
o 1x USB-C to USB-A v3.0 adapter included as standard
– Dimensions and weight:
o 15.28 x 295.3 x 199.04 mm and 1.24 kg