WhatsApp is he Messenger Service currently most used. Thanks to its easy use and popularity, it has been accompanying everyone for 13 years. But not everyone knows how to get the most out of it, despite constant use.
The user must take into account that WhatsApp It changes over time, as more versions come out with improvements or new features. For this reason, it is possible that, if you have an old version, you could not use all these functions. Also, these could change in the future.
Below TechMarkup brings a list of 7 WhatsApp tricks and functions to be a professional messaging app of Goal:
1. Send photos that disappear after being viewed
Many times, you want to send photos for friends or family to see, but not keep them in your gallery. Very similar to the way you use this function in InstagramWhatsApp users can also send a single-use photo easily.
To use this function, you just have to:
– Follow the same steps as always to send any image until we select the one we want to send.
– Just before doing this last step, press the icon of a circle around a ‘1’.
In this way, the tool will be activated and that image can only be viewed once.
2. Format a text
As in Word either Google Docs, you can give more formatting to what you write in WhatsApp. But unlike those two tools, this function has to be activate by placing special characters.
– Bold font: just put asterisks at the beginning and end of what you want to highlight. For example: *it is written like this*
– Italics: you have to place the underscores, or also called “subscores”. For example: _is written like this_
– crossed out: is when the text goes with a line that intercepts the characters. To activate it, you just have to place a tilde at the beginning and at the end. For example: ~it is written like this~
3. Customize the wallpaper of each chat
You probably already know how to customize the background that is always used, but you can also set a special one for chatting with a favorite contact. You just have to follow a few steps:
– In iPhone: open the chat you want to customize and tap the contact’s name on top. search and touch ‘wallpaper and sound’, then press ‘Choose a new wallpaper’. Select the one you want and finish by pressing ‘Set up’.
– In Android: open the chat with the user you want to customize and press the three vertical dots at the top right. A drop-down menu will appear and choose ‘Wallpaper’. Select the one you want and press ‘Set wallpaper’.
4. Send each other an email with a whole chat
If it is necessary that a conversation is not lost, either by decision of one of the users or another reason, it can be sent by email.
To do this, just go to Setting (iPhones) either Settings (Androids) > Conversations > Export conversations (for Android, you probably need to tap ‘Conversation history’ first).
Then choose the one you want to send.
A pop-up window will appear to choose if you want only the text or also photos, audios and videos. Choose what you want and finally decide how to send that information.
5. You can choose that the multimedia files are only downloaded by Wifi
If you do not want to spend the data on photos, audios and videos, you can choose to download them only by Wifi.
To activate the option, go to Settings (iPhone) or Settings (Androids) > Information and storage > Automatic download of multimedia.
Select that you only want to download them when the device connected to a Wi-Fi system and ready.
6. Selectively delete files from a chat
These usually fill the internal memory, but there is an easy way to eliminate the ones that take up the most space and that are not essential.
Anger Setting (iPhone) or Settings (Androids) > Information and storage > Manage storage.
The chats you have will appear, so you have to choose which one you want to delete files from. It will be seen that all the large files will appear on the screen.
– To remove them on iPhone: press ‘Select’ at the top right and choose the ones you want to delete. Finally, press ‘Remove’ In the bottom right.
– To remove them on Android: to select the files, press one for a few seconds to appear as such. Then just press the rest you want and finish by touching the icon ‘Remove’ at the top right.
7. Find messages with the search engine
Sometimes users waste a lot of time trying to search for a message in some chat. There is an easier way than looking for them one by one, as well as going up and down these. Use the search engine.
– On iPhone: press ‘conversations’ and scroll down the page to display the search box. Write the phrase you are looking for and the chats that include it will appear. This can also be done in a specific chat.
– On Android: press ‘conversations’ and then touch the magnifying glass icon to write the sentence. Chats that include her will appear immediately. In a specific chat, you just have to press the three vertical dots and select ‘Search’ to bring up the search box.