Seeing a person for the first time involves many feelings, from fear to anxiety to know what it is like and if it really was the connection that existed in the dating app will be transferred to the physical environment.
To resolve it in the best way, there are several tips to take into account if you are close to experiencing a situation like this, since this will be a definitive moment when you personally meet someone with whom you have spoken for a while. Because although you have to take safety precautions, you must also release your nerves to enjoy the date.
from the platform Bumble They give various tips on how to handle this situation in order to have a “safe and have a great time” meeting.
It may interest you: Six applications to meet people only with video
Safety tips for a first date
Meeting someone online should always raise questions about the security conditions for a first meet. So as a first recommendation it is important to go and return to the site for the own means of transportwithout letting the other person accompany you to keep the address private while building trust.
During the meeting the safety tips are the following:
– Do not feel pressure to say hello on the first date in a certain way.
– If you are taking something, keep an eye on it.
– If something strange happens or is uncomfortable, it is opportune to listen to instinct.
– Ask the necessary questions instead of interpreting some strange behavior.
About the time to return home, the application recommends leaving early in a polite manner and paying for what has been consumed.
It may interest you:
Tips to manage nerves on the first date
But a first meeting not only generates anxiety about a security situation, but also implies having many feelings found by seeing someone who perhaps already has an important place in daily life.
So the recommendations are as follows:
– Surely the other person also seeks to impress, so it is not strange to feel nervous.
– Don’t downplay yourself. The date is a way to measure how your feelings are towards the other person and you don’t have to worry so much about impressing someone.
-Enjoy the small silences. These are not moments to get overwhelmed, because they can help measure compatibility with the other.
– A first date is a time to explore and learn, not everything has to be perfect, because even if things don’t go well, something will have been learned. So some pressure will be lost.
What is a ‘romance fraud’
This type of theft involves scammers creating fake profiles on social media and dating platforms or apps. There, they pretend to be in love and seduce their victims, creating an emotional dependency in them.
The first alarm signal is when there are always excuses for a meeting, the second is when the supposed great love claims to have problems abroad and need money.
One example was what happened last year, when a 65-year-old Japanese woman fell into the hands of a scammer she met on a dating app who posed as a Russian astronaut in Earth orbit.
With space photos and the promise to marry her as soon as he returned to Earth, he fell in love with her and asked her for money to help him return. The woman voluntarily transferred a total of 4.4 million yen, just under 30,000 dollars, in five installments, until she went to the Police with questions about the situation.