Super Mario Bros. has dynamited the eternal cliché about the adaptations of games on the big screen, which resulted in major failures in the past such as Street Fighter, Prince of Persia either DOOM. The animated film directed by Aaron Horvath, Michael Jelenic and Pierre Leduc has already become one of the biggest box office hits of 2023, recently reaching a top spot as the second highest grossing animated film of all time.
The film exceeded more than 1,284 million dollars of Frozen these days. He let it go of Elsa could not tarnish the success of the Peaches of Bowser, which reached these days 1,307 million dollars.
So, Super Mario Bros. The film is located at 145 million dollars to reach precisely the sequel to Frozen, which continues to lead the ranking of animated feature films.
Then the top ten animated films that grossed the most money in the history:
- ‘Frozen II’ (2019) – $1,453,683.476
- ‘Super Mario Bros. The Movie’ (2023) – $1,307,168.400
- ‘Frozen’ (2013) – $1,284,540.518
- ‘Incredibles 2’ (2018) – $1,243,225.667
- ‘Minions’ (2015) – $1,159,444.662
- ‘Toy Story 4’ (2019) – $1,073,841.394
- ‘Toy Story 3’ (2010) – 1,067,316, 101
- ‘grunt. Despicable Me 3’ (2017) – 1,034,800, 131 dollars
- ‘Finding Dory’ (2016) – $1,029,266.989
- ‘Zootropolis’ (2016) – 1,025,521, 689
The keys behind ‘Super Mario Bros. The Movie’
In this new title, Mario and Luigi, two plumbers from Brooklyn, accidentally travel to the Mushroom Kingdom, threatened by the evil Bowser.
With the Illumination Entertainment label, the studio responsible for the Gru saga (and, therefore, also for the Minions). Super Mario Bros. The Movie had in its original version with the voices of chris pratt (like Mario) Seth Rogen (Donkey Kong) Jack Black (Bowser), Chris Day (Luigi) and Anya Taylor-Joy (Princess peach).
Do you want to be up-to-date with all the new movies and series? Sign up for our newsletter.