After three years of absence, the Leisure and Fantasy Hall (SOFA) will return to Corferias from October 13 to 17 this year. According to what the organizers reported, there will be more than thirty thousand square meters dedicated to the meeting that seeks to bring together creators and fans of the entertainment industry.
More than 450 activities and more than 300 exhibitors are scheduled.
“This is an event for the Colombian family, for the fans and for all those who want to live a unique experience in their lives. In addition, it is very important to bear in mind that this event returns after 3 years, since the last time it was held, returning in its full format, with the entire venue and with normal face-to-face activities”commented the executive president of Corferias, Andrés López Valderrama.
As revealed, this new version of the event will be the perfect opportunity for “communities, alternative cultures and creative groups, which bring new trends in entertainment and entrepreneurship, to meet in a single space (…) It will also be a meeting place for all fans, connoisseurs and actors of emerging urban cultures; also for lovers of anime, manga, new sports, role-playing games, video games and the expanding cosplay movement”.
The statement delivered by the organizers of this version of SOFA highlights the following contents:
– SOFA Kids, an entertainment and educational space where boys and girls can have activities and games specially designed to enjoy the fair.
–hobby centera place to sit down to face a duel, go through a dungeon, travel through space and discover board, card, role-playing and strategy games.
– SOFA communities, organized groups that share their hobbies with us and let us discover a world of activities, hobbies and emotions.
– fantasyland, World of Fantastic Creatures: Return of the Great Dragon and Sculpture Garden of Fantastic Creatures. – Geek projects with social impact: a space in alliance with several foundations to demonstrate the support and solidarity that the public of the event has.
– SOFA Style, the return of design, fashion, alternative styles, cosplay parades and much more.
– cosplay city: The heart of SOFA is cosplay, and now it has its own citadel where you can see the best that this hobby has to offer.
– gamer area: digital leisure room – Commercial area, SOFA gamers Arena, Video game championships, Gamer activities and National developers.
– #HashtagxFest digital communities and content creators: Special guests, Developers meeting, Streamers Hall. Community meetings and academic chat room.
To attend the event, those interested may access ticket sales through the event’s website or directly at Corferias, during the event.
The Leisure and Fantasy Hall (SOFA), as highlighted on its website, is one of the most important platforms for alternative cultural management, new trends, creativity, entertainment and entrepreneurship in Colombia.
Its first version was held in 2009 under the initiative of “understanding new cultures and offering a meeting space for all communities interested in exposing their way of understanding free time and their hobbies.
Finally, it plans to become the most influential venue in the cultural and creative industry at a national level, in addition to being the most important space of the year for cultural management where children, young people and adults meet and live the best alternative entertainment experiences in the country. ”.