For those who perform activities on a device Maca free downloadable app can turn your Apple smartphone into a trackpad to control the computer from the cell phone.
In order to do so, it will be necessary to have the app called remote-mousewhich can be found at app store and it is essential for the connection between both devices to be made and allow the control of the cursor on the monitor screen, although the download is only the first step.
To use the application you must download both the device to be controlled, in this case a Macas in the one that will serve as a trackpad, which in this case will be a iPhonealthough it could also be a iPad because the app is also compatible on tablets.
In addition, the application can also be linked with a Windows PC and downloaded from a phone. Android.
To set up the app on iPhone
– Once downloaded, you must enter the app.
– Confirm the permissions that the application will ask for when it starts.
– Allow the app to connect to other devices via Bluetooth Y Wifi.
– Once the necessary permissions have been granted, the iPhone must be connected to the Mac by either of the two previously approved ways.
To set up the app on a Mac
– Once installed on the computer, the application must be launched.
– Once it is activated, the app will indicate what steps must be followed to activate it in the settings Accessibility.
– To finish the configuration, you must accept the permissions of accessibility.
– Click on the application icon in the toolbar and then select the Auto Start option.
In order to have a better connection between both devices, the user must ensure that both the Mac and the iPhone or iPad that will be used as trackpad share the same connection Wifi.
Gestures available for the trackpad on iPhone
In order to control all movements within the Mac with a phone Manzanathe application of remote-mouse A number of finger gestures are available that will allow users to work on their devices seamlessly.
– The touch with one finger allows you to click where the cursor is.
– The touch with two fingers represents a right click.
– swipe two fingers at the same time it will allow you to move up, down, left or right within the Mac screen.
– To zoom in on the screen, users should only pinch or spread the fingersalthough it only works for Macs.
– Drag three fingers on the screen can be used to make a selection and move it on the screen
To go up or down within a screen of browser or document, on the right side a bar will appear that will allow you to scroll. That way it will be easier for the user to perform commands without getting confused.
Icons for additional functions
In addition to the gestures and the function of displacement in the sidebar, users will have at their disposal a series of icons within the app that will generate a new series of specific controls that correspond to a particular function.
The one in the form of a folder will generate a shortcut to certainapplications that can be configured and connected remotely to the app from the iPhone, so that only one button will launch a specific window or folder.
The keyboard-shaped button, on the other hand, can be used if you want to write a text remotely using the iPhone as if it were the Mac keyboard.