About a month after its debut in Taiwan, Samsung took the Samsung Galaxy A23 5G to yet another region: the US. Aimed at cost-effectiveness, the novelty brings reasonably powerful processing, but draws attention to the support for fifth-generation networks, the generous battery with 25 W fast charging, in addition to the quadruple 50 MP camera set.
- Samsung Galaxy A04s is official with 90 Hz screen and up to 128 GB of memory
- Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro arrives with military certification and removable battery
The device debuts in North America in its most basic configuration, equipped with a Snapdragon 695 5G chipset, the same chip of devices like the Moto G62 and Realme 9 Pro, accompanied by 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage, with the possibility of expansion. via Micro SD cards up to 1 TB.
The 6.6-inch screen features a Full HD+ TFT LCD panel, with a resolution of 2408 x 1080 pixels and, although it does not have the AMOLED seen in the A23 4G, it has a higher refresh rate of 120 Hz. The edges are thick, especially in the lower region of the display, and there is also a “V” notch, in which the 8 MP front camera is housed.
One of the strengths of the device is precisely its set of cameras — accompanying the selfie lens, the Galaxy A23 5G has four rear cameras, equipped with a 50 MP main sensor, a 5 MP ultrawide sensor with a 123° field of view and a dual 2 MP sensors intended for macro shots and depth calculation.
Another highlight is the battery, with a capacity of 5,000 mAh and support for fast charging of 25 W. The bad news is that the launch follows the trend of other brand cell phones by not having a charger in the box — the user needs to purchase the adapter separately .
In addition, the Galaxy A23 5G brings Wi-Fi 5, NFC, fingerprint reader integrated into the power button on the side, mono audio, P2 headphone jack and Android 12, running under One UI 4.1.
price and availability
The Samsung Galaxy A23 5G goes on sale from this Thursday (1) in the US only in black, through the company’s website and physical stores, retailers and in plans from AT&T and T-Mobile operators, with a suggested price of US$ 299.99 (~R$ 1,560).
There is still no information about the availability of the device in other countries, but the novelty should eventually debut in other regions, including Brazil.
Samsung Galaxy A23 5G: technical sheet
- Screen: 6.6-inch TFT LCD, Full HD+ resolution of 2408 x 1080 pixels, 120 Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 695
- RAM memory: 4 GB
- Internal storage: 64GB
- Rear camera: 50 MP (Main, f/1.8) + 5 MP (Ultrawide, f/2.2, 123°) + 2 MP (Macro, f/2.4) + 2 MP (Depth, f/2.4)
- Front camera: 8 MP (f/2.2)
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 76.9 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 197 g
- Battery: 5,000mAh with 25W fast charging
- Extras: 5G, Wi-Fi 5 Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, fingerprint reader on the side, P2 connector, mono audio, expansion via MicroSD cards up to 1 TB
- colors: black
- Operating System: Android 12, under One UI 4.1
Source: Samsung (1, 2)