Even Omnivision has its CMOS sensor 200MP . The announcement was made during CES 2022 in Las Vegas and is an extremely important result for the Chinese company which thus enters into direct competition with the ISOCELL HP1 – also with 200MP – that Samsung unveiled last September. OVB0B is called the smallest 200MP image sensor in the world with pixels as small as 0.61µm. For comparison, the 200MP ISOCELL HP1 has a pixel size of 0.64µm.
With 16-cell binning for 4K2K video, Omnivision says, you can get excellent quality 12.5MP video, even in low light. This is also made possible by the rapid autofocus based on QPD quad phase-detection technology, an ideal solution for high-end smartphones to which the sensor is dedicated.
Main Technical Features OVB0BH0-GA5A-002A-Z
- 16-cell binning for 4K2K video
- 4×4 pixel binning with 2.44µm equivalent pixels (12.5MP)
- support up to 16384×12288
- 200MP resolution
- 1 / 1.28 “optical format
- 0.612µm pixel
- frame rate: 12.5MP (8192×6144) @ 90fps, 200MP (16384×12288) @ 8fps, 50MP (8192×6144) @ 24fps
- PureCel Plus-S technology
- automatic black level calibration
- programmable controls for frame rate, mirror and flip, binning, cropping, windowing
- dynamic DPC support
- support for 10-bit RGB 16C RAW, 10-bit RGB Bayer, 10-bit RGB Bayer HDR output formats
The new OVB0B Omnivision 200MP Camera sensor is already available for smartphone manufacturers to carry out the first tests. At the moment, no indications have been released regarding the timing of the release on the market of the first devices equipped with this solution.
The Omnivision 200MP Camera can record 50 MP video at 24 frames per second to and from, as well as an 8K video at 30 frames per second… Possibility of capturing video in extended dynamic range with a resolution of 12.5 MP and a frame rate of 30.
Although OmniVision Technologies has provided test prototypes to smartphone makers, it is unclear when the first handsets with 200MP cameras will hit the market.