Let’s face it right away, without unnecessarily turning around: the designers of the new Nokia-branded notebook seem to have taken inspiration here and there from Apple’s older and more current MacBooks – and the first to come to mind is MacBook Pro with M1 Pro / Max a which, apart from the notch, it looks a lot (here the review) .
And if the images of Nokia PureBook Pro when closed may not suggest who knows what combination, just look at the photos in which it is in profile or rather those in which it is immortalized, open, from above, with the keyboard in plain sight, which perhaps represents the clearest “homage” to MacBooks.
In any case, the designers put their effort into harmonizing everything , because unlike laptops with the Apple on the back, the look is markedly nice but at the same time discreet: it will be for the four different colors or for the alternation between soft and angular lines. , Nokia’s PureBook Pros convey a feeling of balance, of successful operation.
Acer Swift 5 2022, 16:10 displays and Alder Lake arrive. Swift 3 remains 16: 9
The men of OFF Global, a French company founded in 2020 which obtained a license from HMD to design and sell Nokia-branded laptops in 22 countries (including Italy) , hope so . Nokia PureBook Pro is declined in the most classic of the variants, from 15 and 17 inches , and both have the aluminum cover in four color variants that embellishes a construction that however seems to foresee a wide use of plastic, probably with the aim of containing the production costs and therefore the list price.
NOKIA PUREBOOK PRO – TECHNICAL SHEET
- chip : Intel Core i3-1220P, 10 cores, 12 threads, up to 4.4 GHz, 10 nm construction, 28 watts TDP (from our sources it appears that a version with Intel Core i5 will also be available)
- memories : 8 GB of DDR4 RAM and 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (replaceable SSD)
- Screen : 15.6 or 17.3 inch Full HD IPS with anti-glare
- connectivity : Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-A 3.2, two USB-C, microSD card reader, 3.5mm audio jack input
- webcam : 2 megapixel
- audio : four speakers, two at the side and the same at the bottom
- unlock : Windows Hello compatible fingerprint reader
- battery : 57 watt hours, fast charging via USB-C to 60% in half an hour (15.6 “)
- operating system : Windows 11 pre-installed
- dimensions and weight (15.6 “): 358 x 237 x 19.05 mm for 1.7 kg of weight (17.3” 19.6 mm of thickness and 2.5 kg of weight the only data available)
- other : numeric keypad in 17.3-inch variant
We are very proud – said David Garcia, CEO of OFF Global – to guarantee an international license for a brand as well known as Nokia. At OFF Global, we benefit from significant experience in the design and development of consumer technology products that we intend to bring to the new Nokia branded laptop range.
At Nokia, we believe that technology must act as a factor that can improve people’s lives. Laptops have become a fundamental means of connecting, learning and bringing people together through shared moments. We are delighted to announce OFF Global’s license for Nokia-branded laptops in Western Europe, North Africa, Thailand and Canada. With its renowned product development and distribution capability, OFF Global will provide high-tech, high-quality devices at competitive prices – in the words of Vipul Mehrotra, VP of Nokia Brand Partnerships.
Realme Book Prime warms up for launch in Europe | Rumor and specs
NOKIA PUREBOOK PRO – PRICES
Nokia PureBook Pro will arrive in April 2022 . The good news is that Italy is included in the first distribution round, so the French-Finnish notebook will be available immediately, at the following prices :
- Nokia PureBook Pro 15.6 “from 699 euros
- Nokia PureBook Pro 17.3 “from 799 euros
Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 2 360, the first renderings are leaked
“Other models in the range – we read – will be presented in the coming months”.