Black is the color that requires the least resources to render and white is the most, which means that if you have a background where white dominates, it will use more battery power. Black may not be the prettiest color, but it consumes less battery. In addition, the view does not suffer so much
This is where the Brightness of the screen. The lower the brightness, the less battery consumption. In fact, if the smartphone screen is OLED or AMOLED, black pixels will be off, so using darker colors and less brightness will improve performance.
Battery saving is directly proportional to the number of hours WhatsApp is used during the day, but lowering the screen brightness helps a lot.
The function wallpaper brightness of WhatsApp can be found in the settings. The steps to reduce it are:
1. Open WhatsApp on the cell phone.
2. Click on the three vertical dots located in the upper corner of the application.
3. Press on Settings > Chats > Wallpaper.
4. In this place, you can not only change the background image of the image to the user’s liking, but it can also be made to the default image is less bright.
5. In the lower part you will be able to glow bar which can be moved to the right. The further to the right it is, the darker the background becomes.
Usually, black is the color that requires the least amount of resources to render and white the most. This means that if you have a mostly white background, you will consume more battery. If you move the bar to the right, you will get a black background color.
Other options to reduce battery consumption when using WhatsApp are turn off the sound or vibration of the notifications that are received and disable automatic file download.