The operating system iOS receives an update for users of iphone Y iPad have a compatible device. The changes are aimed at including security improvements, new functions and solutions to reported bugs.
Version 16.3 is now available and can be downloaded without using an additional program, but through the phone’s own settings.
Unlike the 16.2 update, the improvements are not as striking, but more focused on taking care of people’s information, although Manzana yes decided to release a new wallpaper for the iphone for the celebration of Black History Month, as a graphic novelty.
What’s new in iOS 16.3
The changelog includes four modifications and six bug fixes from previous versions. These are the news:
– SOS emergency: this option has a change in its operation. From now on the emergency call will only start when the person releases the indicated buttons.
– Access keys: this feature comes to devices iOS and what it allows is to log in Apple ID with physical devices, that is, that a cell phone or tablet serves as a backup device to open the account. Manzana It throws the warning that this option must be used responsibly because in case of losing it, it will not help to unlock the account as it happens with the traditional password.
– New wallpaper: this design is added for the celebration of Black History Month. It is compatible with apple watchwho have watchOS 9.3.
– Advanced data protection for iCloud: The categories that the platform can take care of with end-to-end encryption are expanded to 23. It can also be configured for other applications such as Notes and Photos.
As for the fixes made with this update, this is the list:
– Support for the second generation HomePod.
– Fixed a Freeform bug where strokes made with fingers or Apple Pencil were not appearing on shared whiteboards.
– Fixed issue that caused the lock background to appear black.
– Fixed a bug that caused horizontal lines to appear when waking up the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
– With iOS 16.3 Siri now responds properly to music requests.
– Siri is able to correctly understand directions when connected to CarPlay.
How to update to iOS 16.3
The iPhones that support this new version are models 8 onwards. To carry out the process it is necessary to have the phone with more than 60% battery. The steps to follow are those:
1. Open the Settings menu on iPhone.
2. Go to the General section.
3. Search for Software Update option, and there the system will automatically search for the latest update.
4. After finding, a Download and Install button will appear. You just have to follow the steps that appear on the screen and wait for the process to complete.
5. At the end of the download, the cell phone will indicate that the installation can be done, so you must follow the steps and wait.
After finishing this last part, the mobile will restart several times until the home screen of each user appears. The process may take several minutes depending on your internet connection speed.