Currently it is essential to have protection over the digital content that minors see and set limits so that they do not fall into spaces that are not suitable for them or that they carry out actions that harm them.
For that, Manzana has various tools that set parental controls on your devices on the iPhone Y iPad.
Activate and create a family group
This option allows you to bring up to six family members together to share music, TV shows, apps, books, cloud storage and much more without having to use the same ID. Manzana on each device.
Additionally, you can create IDs for children and have control over certain permissions for what minors can and cannot do.
Here are the steps to activate the feature:
– Go to Settings and click on the username.
– Go to the ‘Family’ section.
– Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to configure the members and invite them according to their user.
The creation of the family is the basis for the other parental control configurations, such as this one in which you can create time limits in which the children can be in your home. iPhone or iPad.
It can be configured like this:
– Go to Settings.
– Then to Time of use and click on the activate button.
– Then choose if this is the minor’s device, otherwise it is not, press ‘This is my iPhone‘ to search for the family member (the child) to set the limits.
– Finally, an option will appear to set the hours in which the device can be connected and in which it will be offline.
In this section you can also configure separate applications or websites, this in the Content and privacy restrictions option. In the process, a security code will be requested, which only the parents know.
Avoid specific content
In the Content Restrictions section, there are a wide range of options for parents to limit access to specific features and content. In that you will find tools to block music, music videos, podcasts and news with explicit content.
Additionally, disable sharing features with friends, so you can’t send or receive what you hear, and block movies, TV shows, book content, and apps with specific adult ratings.
One of the problems for parents is that their children take the credit card and can easily make purchases in games or services without any control. So the operating system iOS You have an option to limit and manage that in a better way so you don’t have surprises with monthly bills. This can be configured like so:
– Go to Settings and then to Time of use.
– Then to Content and Privacy Restrictions.
– The device will ask for the password that was created in previous steps.
– Then go to iTunes and App Store Purchases.
– Finally, transactions can be activated or deactivated.