Whether by posts or comments that do not correspond with the conduct of the social network, it is important to know how to report an account on Instagram. The act helps keep the platform clean of abusive content or spam that can disrupt your experience, as well as that of other users.
- How to enable two-step verification for Instagram
The report is totally anonymous, that is, the user will never know where the report came from, however, it is not synonymous that he will suffer any punishment. See below how to report a user’s account on the social network.
How to report an Instagram account
Currently, Instagram allows you to report it for a few reasons, they are:
- Nudity or sexual activity;
- Symbols or hate speech;
- Violence or dangerous organizations;
- Bullying or harassment;
- Sale of regulated or illegal goods;
- Intellectual property violations;
- Self-mutilation or suicide;
- Eating disorders;
- Scams or fraud;
- False information.
In addition to the above reasons, it is possible to report if the account is impersonating someone else or the user is under thirteen years of age. If the account in question is breaking one of the Community Guidelines rules and falls into one of these categories, you can report it like this:
- Go to the profile of the account you want to report;
- In the upper right corner, tap the icon to access the options;
- Go to “Report…” and choose “Report account”;
- State the reason for the complaint;
- Select the report category to finalize.
How to report without having an Instagram account
If you do not have an Instagram account, but have come into contact with some type of reportable content, you can do so through the Instagram Help Center. Access the link on your computer or mobile phone and follow the steps below.
- Answer the question “Do you have an Instagram account?” choosing “No”;
- Then choose the option “An entire profile”;
- Check one of the options that fits;
- Swipe the screen and fill in the user information.