On occasions when the connection to Internet is not stable or is not possible for long periods of time such as air travel or in areas of low cellular coverage, Google Chrome has special functions that allow users to navigate through some websites without the need to connect to a network Wifi or use mobile data.
According to Web page browser support officer Google Chromepeople can download entire web pages that can be opened at any time for exploration or reading from anywhere even if there is not a stable connection to Internet.
Although this way of saving content from Chrome is aimed at solving situations in which there is no access to Internet From a cell phoneit is also possible to use this function from computerswhether desktop or laptop.
View web pages offline from an Android phone
Save a web page to Chrome from a cell phone Android allows users to revise their content whenever they want and for that they must, first of all, have Connection to the internet to be able to store it. To do this, people should follow these steps:
– Enter the application Google Chrome from the cellphone.
– Enter the address of the Web page whose content you want to save.
– Once inside the page that you want to keep, users must click on the “More” button, which is shaped like three dots and is located in the upper right part of the page. screen.
– After having pressed the button, also at the top of the screen, you can find the option to Discharge down arrow. Pressing it automatically saves the Web page in the download list.
To read, share or delete them, the procedure is similar. After pressing the “More” button, users must click on the Downloads option, which will enter the list of data stored on the device.
When you want to read it, you will have to press the name of the Web page and in the case of deleting or sharing the content, you must touch the three-point menu again and select one of the options.
View web pages offline from a computer
In the case of access to content Without connection on computers, users should use the Reading Lists option enabled by default in the browser Chrome. To do this, follow these steps:
– After opening the browser Google Chrome and go to the Web page that you want to save to read later, users will have to click on the Side Panel button, located in the upper right part of the browser.
– Once inside, you have to click on the “Add current tab” button.
– Another way to add a tab from the browser to the Reading List is by right-clicking on the tab and then selecting the “Add tab to reading list” option.
– To store a Web page as file inside computer, users need to click on the three dots button and then on the More tools option. Within this section you will find the “Save page as” button.
– After choosing where to save the Web pageusers will be able to click on the button Keep and to revisit the same address without internet, it can be opened as if it were a document word.