whatsapp business it was the ideal alternative for entrepreneurs during the pandemic and is now a tool used by several companies to get in touch with their customers.
However, during this process, many managed their business with the personal account and now they need to transfer to the application dedicated to business to divide the chats and not have chaos on the cell phone.
Transfer personal WhatsApp to Business
Before making any movement, the first step and recommendation is to make a backup of the account, in this way it is guaranteed that the chats and information will not be lost and will be protected for the process.
This first step is easy, by going to > Settings > Chats > Backup > Save. The information will be stored in google drive and then it can be recovered automatically.
The next step in the overall process is to update WhatsAppthat is verified in the app store either googleplaystore, by going to the profile of each account. Additionally, you must download WhatsAppBusiness.
With that ready, it only remains to follow the following steps:
1. Open the WhatsApp Business application.
2. Read the Terms of Service for the WhatsApp Business app. Touch Accept and Continue to agree to the terms.
3. The WhatsApp Business app automatically identifies the number that is being used in WhatsApp Messenger. To continue, you must click on the option with the company number.
4. If the number displayed is not the one you want to use, tap Use a different number and continue with the normal verification process.
5. To allow the WhatsApp Business app to access chat history and media files, go to Continue > Allow.
6. WhatsApp will send an SMS with a 6-digit code that must be entered to verify the number.
7. To finish, the company profile is created and tap on Next.
After doing all this process, the Business account will be activated and there will be all the access for the configuration and personalization of the profile, to include articles, catalogs, default messages, among other options.
Whatsapp Business adds a tab
This tool is not something totally new in the environment of whatsapp businessbecause it is a function that was announced a few years ago, but that in the end the application did not integrate and now it would be back.
Its location is in the main panel, replacing the camera icon, on the left next to ‘Chats’, with one of a house.
Companies that currently have access to it will now be able to manage all the commercial tools offered by the platform more easily, without having to go to the Settings section. Being more intuitive and how for users.
This tool is only available to those who have the beta version of whatsapp business for Android and you must download the 184.108.40.206 update to have it, if doing so does not appear, but you see two shortcuts to the camera, you just have to restart the application and the new tab will appear.
In addition, it is important to mention that this function is exclusive to the business application and not to the conventional platform, which is the one used by customers.
For now, this tool is in a testing phase, so it is not known when it will be released to everyone.