In the event that families with parents have teen accounts related to oneself, YouTube Kids Restricted Mode can be turned on.
– Smart speakers and displays have their own YouTube restricted mode
This affects all the content of the platform that is sent from the cell phone, even if it does not have the restricted mode activated.
In case you get YouTube black screen with message that you have enabled Restricted Mode, can be disabled as follows depending on the device or the environment you are in. On the other hand, if you want to enable restricted mode, you have to follow the same steps, since the process is identical.
This is how you can remove the restricted mode of YouTube on an Android cell phone or tablet
1. Enter the YouTube app and go to avatar icon.
2. Go to Setting.
3. Enter the General adjustments.
4. Descend to ‘restricted mode’ and disable it. Or click on the selector in case you want the opposite, activate it.
This is how you can activate or deactivate the restricted mode in a family account
1. If you don’t have it yet, you have to download the Google Family Link application on your cell phone.
2. Open the app and enter the account managed by the family.
3. Click on the family member you want to modify and click on Manage configuration.
4. Go to YouTube and turn Restricted Mode on or off.
5. To turn on the restricted mode, the family account must open YouTube on the cell phone at least once.
This is how you can deactivate the restricted mode of a Google Home or Nest
1. Open the app Google Home of the cell phone.
2. Go to the speaker or smart screen that you want to configure and press on the top Settings Icon, on the gear wheel.
3. Go to Notifications Y Digital Wellbeing.
4. Enter YouTube settings.
5. You have to look at the top menu in restricted mode and disable the options Restrict for me.
6. If desired, you can remove the restrictions for any YouTube video by unchecking the Restrict for unauthorized persons.