For people who keep doing remote work at home, the organization of your tabs in the browser is very important, especially if you work with large amounts of information at the same time. That is why to help those users, there is a function in Chrome which can make it easier to work with multiple websites.
This feature is available to any Chrome user, regardless of the operating system they are working on, either pc either Mac. To do this, follow these steps
Create a group of tabs in Chrome
– Choose one of the tabs that are open in browser to include it in a group and right click on it.
– A small menu will be displayed and you must look for the option add tab to the new group. Immediately afterwards, a menu will appear showing a bar to name the group, a series of additional colors and options group management.
– The user must choose the color you want for the tab group, plus a special name to recognize it. Once done, you can click on any part of the screen to exit that menu.
– To add tabs that are open within the group, only the tab should be located on the right side of the window of the browser, behind the tab that bears the name of the group. A line in the color of the group will appear at the bottom indicating that this tab belongs to that set.
– While they are not active, the tabs will remain unfolded and with a colored line at the bottom. You just have to click on the name of the group to collapse the entire set of tabs and save space on the bar.
How to manage tab groups
– To create a new group, click on Add tab to group and then in the “New group” option located in the submenu.
– In the event that you want to add an additional tab directly within a group, the user must right-click on the name of the group and look for the option “New tab in group”. Once this is done, the new tab will automatically appear at the end of the set list.
– To remove tabs from the group there are two options: Drag the tab out of the color bar that belongs to the group or right click on the tab to remove and select the option “Remove from group”.
– To close all the tabs of a group at the same time, you must go to the name of the group, right click and then click on the “Close group” option.
– If you want to delete a group, but not the tabs located within it, you must right-click on the group name and select the “No Group” option.
Reopen a group of tabs
In the event that the user has closed a set of tabs by accident, it is possible to reopen all the grouped content as follows:
– Click on the Option menu which is located in the upper right corner of the window and has the shape of three vertical points.
– Place the cursor on the option Record to display a submenu.
– In the history there will be an option that indicates “Recently closed”.
– Within those options, the group name next to a colored circle. Click on the name.
– In the new submenu there will be a list with all the tabs that were closed while they belonged to the group.
– At the top you will see the option “Restore group”. Click to reopen tabs