With the new updates of the operating systems of the iPhone (iOS 16.1) and of the iPad (iPad OS 16)fathers and mothers of families have the possibility of applying a series of controls and restrictions in the devices which are mainly used by boys and girls at home.
These elements of Parental controlwhich were originally introduced in the update of iOS 12fall on the control of the time that children spend in certain sections of the iPhone either iPad In addition to involving aspects such as notifications, restrictions on the use of certain Applicationsshopping and contents explicit.
Here are the steps that users need to follow to use some of the features included within the parental controls of the devices Manzana:
Set usage times for children
In order for parents to have some control over the time their children spend using the devices must set this feature from the function family-sharing enabled in iPhone Y iPad.
– Open the app setting on the children’s device.
– Select option screen timeactivate the button and press the Continue button.
– Press the option “This is my son’s iPhone/iPad”. Users will see a pop-up window where they will need to select the age of their son or daughter from 5 years old to 18 years old.
– Once you have selected the son’s agewill be displayed options such as Applications, Books, TV among others in which parents can establish restrictions.
– In addition, a scroll bar will appear in which you can set age limits in selected applications.
– Once the restrictionsparents can indicate the period of weather in which the device will be disabled for your use.
– To ensure that children will not have the ability to modify these features, parents can set a password to this section of device.
If the child’s device is connected to one belonging to their parents, they will be able to set these times remotely using the function of family-sharing from their phones or iPad.
Limits on apps for minors
Another of the parental control functions of the iPhone and the iPad is that parents can set usage limits on specific apps that are installed within a device.
To activate them, parents have to follow these steps:
– Open the app Setting.
– Select the option Application Limit.
– From this function, parents can set limits for specific applications or by categories such as games and websites.
In the event that parents select a category What Games either Entertainment and establish limits for all those that are included within, it will not only be limiting those that are installed inside the device at that time, but all that can be installed in the future using the app store.
Content and privacy restrictions
Parents also have an option that prevents children from making purchases within Applications What gamesin addition to installing or removing applications.
To access this feature, parents must:
– Open the app Setting and press Screen Time.
– press the option Content and Privacy Restrictions and enter the access code if it has been previously established.
– Activate the Content and Privacy Restrictions button if it is not lit.
– Select the option App Store and iTunes purchases. Once done, select the Allow or Disallow options in the different settings.
Among the functions that can be deactivated are some that the device has such as AirDrop, SharePlay, Wallet, among others.
Also, as part of the restrictions, parents can prohibit access to someone explicit adult content such as music, podcasts or news. Other sections within the option may make only age-rated videos playable and limit adult websites in Safari.