Over the years, the work of providers of software to provide users with better accessibility.
Android Y Manzana, in this sense, has not been left behind, having introduced accessibility improvements throughout the updates. At that point, TechMarkup will explain what it is ‘talk back’ and what is it for? Today it is up to all readers to learn to enable magnifier on iPhone and Android.
If any reader needs help to visualize the contents in a device, in both terminals there is an accessibility option with a magnifying glass. This accessibility option allows you to enlarge the screen of the mobile either Tablet. On some mobile phones, this function is called ‘Magnifying glass’. In others it is called ‘Extension’.
This is how you can activate the magnifying glass on iPhone
To activate the magnifying glass on an iPhone device, you have to go to ‘Accessibility’ from the menu of Settings and look for the option Zoom.
You can also choose to reach this option in a more comfortable way by typing in the top bar of the main section.
With this option, you will turn magnifying glass on or off on iPhone. To access the magnifying glass, touch three fingers the screen and thus drag it anywhere on the screen.
Configuring additional Magnifier settings on iPhone
iPhone brings a feature called ‘Follow focus’. This functionality automates the operation of the magnifier. You won’t need to move the loupe all the way.since it will follow the focus of what is being done.
Additionally, there are other settings that are related such as settings for smart writing plus the following:
– Keyboard shortcuts.
– Zoom controller.
– Expand region.
– Zoom filter.
At the bottom, you will find a bar to adjust the level of the magnifying glass. The default level on iPhone is x5, being able to increase up to x15 in the latest versions of iOS.
This would be all for Magnification or Magnifying glass refers. You can always try to download one application of iOS to help, but what It is recommended to use the native one of the operating system.
This is how you can activate the magnifying glass on Android
Android comes with a collection of built-in accessibility features. Normally, these features are not enabled by default.
To activate them, You have to go to the Android settings and activate them. Different customization layers can change the name of these options but in general they are categorized into Accessibility.
Accessing accessibility options to turn on magnification
To activate the enlargement, you have to activate the accessibility options and inside you should see the enlargement or magnifying glass option. After enabling the option, it asks to create a shortcut to launch the magnifying glass.
Depending on the customization layer, you will find different ways to activate the magnifying glass. TechMarkup leaves a few below:
– Using the accessibility button: As mentioned before, when you activate the accessibility menu, you will have a new option on the screen for this menu. Simply click on the new icon that will be in that menu.
– Using the volume keys: the next way to activate the magnifying glass is by holding down the two volume keys.
– With a triple touch: you can additionally activate the magnifying glass by doing a triple tap on screen. This option can be less recommended. In applications such as games, it could open without being needed, and could weigh down the experience.
Setting the magnification type
arriving with android 12although it can also be found in some customization layers, there is the option to choose the type of extension of the magnifying glass In this case, there are two types of extension available to Android:
– Full screen magnification. In this mode, Android will fully zoom the screen to make it look bigger. It will be seen that there is a orange box in the area in which the magnification is activated.
– Magnification of a part of the screen. If you are familiar with Windowsyou will be able to remember the Magnifier option of this system. For Android, it would be the same function. It will create a box through which you can see what is on the screen enlarged.
Using the pinch gesture, we will enlarge the image. To deactivate the magnifying glass, simply repeat the activation process. the box it can be moved to any area of the screen.