Although currently the devices that have the operating system of Android They have a built-in “distraction-free mode” or “silent mode” with which they pause the notifications with the aim of concentrating on their works and daily activities, during periods of breakwhen this setting is not required, this mode should be disabled.
However, since this function does not yet exist in these cell phones, Google is working on aHoliday mode“pause the silent mode temporarily for a period of time pre-established by the user and in this way the processes are carried out automatically without the intervention of the owner of the cell phone.
The company’s project technology is based on the inclusion of a period called “holidays” in which the constant activation of the concentration mode on phones so it stays active even when it doesn’t turn on and users don’t lose updates his Applications each time the established period of activation of the Silent mode.
According to Web page from 9to5Google, who reported the appearance of changes in the code of the application of Digital Wellbeing of Google and in which this new modality will be introduced, within the setting of the duration of the silent mode, an option called “add holidays” will appear, in addition to another indicated as “delete holidays”, so each user can customize a specific date or period of time in which this can be activated function whenever you want.
How to activate concentration mode on Android phones
The mode of concentration, In principle, it serves so that people can focus on carrying out a particular activity (commonly works either studies) without distractions caused by notifications unwanted from Applications that can lead to loss of concentration. To activate this function on a cell phone with the system of Androidusers should follow these steps:
– Enter the application Settings either Setting of the phone and locate the option digital wellbeing and parental controls. It may have other similar names depending on the model of cell phone that you have
– Within this section, you can find a section called “concentration mode” in which some periods such as “Time of worked” or “Me time”, but any device It will allow you to add other even more personalized concentration profiles.
– By clicking on any of the profiles predetermined by the cell phone system, users will enter the details of each one in which a list of all the Applications to which it will be possible to access during the time that this function.
– The list of active applications yes it can be modified, so it will not be necessary to create a completely different profile for each situation.
– Once the applications that will be able to emit notificationsusers can also select a custom time period in which they want this to be active function. These can be several minutes or several hours depending on the needs of each one. You can also indicate that the deactivation will be manual.
– With the details already configured, users can click on the Start button to activate the concentration function of their cell phones for the period they have indicated.