Google Argentina and the Argentine Journalism Forum (FOPEA) announce the presentation of inscriptions to participate in the Award for Digital Journalistic Innovation 2022.
This year, the objective is to capture the expansion of new types of content in journalism with a spotlight on the creation of short-duration videos in digital platforms Y social networks.
And in the same way, recognize journalistic proposals that seek to connect with new audiences and consumer trends to federalize access to information. There will be a deadline to apply for projects until Friday, October 7.
With this approach, this edition will reward the potential to innovate in news formats and in topics aimed at informing the youngest (Gen Z).
How and where to enroll
Applicants will be able to register with their projects through this Google Formincluding Friday, October 7 (inclusive).
These works will be evaluated by a committee composed of:
– John Manuel Lucero Leader of Google News Lab for Latin America;
– John Paul Martinez, journalist, audiovisual producer and Communications coordinator of FOPEA;
– Tiffany DelMastro, journalist and creator of news content on social networks.
Criteria to apply
Applications are made by project and can only be submitted once. The projects to be presented must have the following characteristics:
– They must be journalistic projects published between the October 1, 2021 and September 30, 2022.
– It must be a journalistic coverage that is news, that has been published on a digital platform (or social networks), it can be a story developed over time (several publications) or a single installment.
– With at least 2 sources of information.
– A coverage led by a journalist or a team of journalists who have generated local or hyperlocal content about the community in which they are.
– Based on a past or present reality or situation.
– Occurred in Argentine territory or have Argentines as protagonists.
– The original publication format and to present must be audiovisual.
The committee will analyze the following criteria:
– Journalism: that a content or information is being revealed from an investigation and field work.
– Public: the character of the content to be presented must be a younger audience (Gen Z). It seeks to reward the format in which the news is told, which is attractive to the target audience, which today is informed through short and didactic videos that tell the news.
– Innovative: innovation can be, on the one hand, in the focus and the content to be treated or it can be in the format: the topic can be news although not novel, but told in a different way, for example, through news journalism. audiovisual, special productions, etc. Always respecting the premise that they must be “short and attractive videos to capture the young audience”.
– Objectivity: the content must have journalistic rigor and approach the greatest possible objectivity, that is, that the information presented is supported by verifiable sources.
The 2022 Digital Journalistic Innovation Award will have a winning sketch and second time special mentions for the second time and third place.
To assimilate new ways of proceeding journalism
This recognition is part of the joint work of Google and FOPEA to present journalistic work at a national level, continuously committed to connecting with audiences and introducing new ways of bringing information to all people.
In the 2021 edition, local journalism was emphasized, with a focus on the “Coronavirus, in focus. The pandemic in Mar del Plata” published in What Digital.
While in 2020 it rewards innovation in podcast (with “Big Data Sports” by Marcelo Gantman and Agustín Mario Gimenez), in 2019 the press proposal of Red/Acción and other works such as the multi-reportage Medio Cautivas de Télam (2018) and Escuchas para Nisman de La Datos Nación (2017) .