Ads are based on personal information added to your Google account, data from advertisers associated with the company, and user interests determined by the search engine.
In the account profile, within the previously mentioned section, you can also see a series of criteria surveyed such as age, tastes for pets, type of employment, etc. The user can from there select which elements they want to have and which not. To make that customization you have to follow these steps:
1. Sign in to the Google account.
2. In the navigation panel, select Data and privacygo to “Things you have done and places you have visited”.
3. Under “Ad Settings”, select Personalization of ads.
4. If the Ad Personalization option is disabled, then you need to enable it to make the following settings.
5. Within the section entitled “How your ads are personalized”, select personal information or interests.
6. To update the information, select To update and then follow the steps on the screen.
7. To disable an interest, select Deactivate and confirm the action.
8. In case you want to recover a deactivated interest then you have to select Disabled Factors. Then you have to choose an interest and select Reactivate.
9. Finally, if you do not want to see personalized ads, disable the option Personalization of ads.