Samsung has unveiled the Galaxy Wide 6 in South Korea, an entry-level smartphone with support for 5G networks that borrows several features from its international sibling Galaxy A04s.
- Edge 30 Fusion has leaked box and can now be sold in Brazil
- Huawei launches Nova 10z with up to 256 GB of storage and competitive price
The look is the same, with a screen with thin sides and top edges, with a notch at the top of the panel to house your front camera. In addition, it has three other lenses on the back, released directly into its lid, with a fingerprint reader positioned on the power button on the right side.
Basically, it has only one change from the Galaxy A04s, which is for its chipset. Exynos 850, produced by Samsung itself, leaves and MediaTek’s Dimensity 700 enters. With this, it also gains support for 5G networks, which does not exist in the device sold in the international market. But it still has 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage space.
Is Galaxy Wide 6 a Galaxy A04s 5G?
The Galaxy Wide 6 brings the same set as the Galaxy A04s. Its 6.5-inch PLS LCD screen has HD+ resolution and also supports a 90 Hz refresh rate, which allows for smoother movements and greater fluidity of the displayed content.
As for the cameras, we see a 50 MP main rear sensor, but with support for recording videos in Full HD only. Its two other cameras are 2 MP each, one macro and one depth, while the selfie is 5 MP. Finally, it has a built-in 5,000mAh battery.
price and availability
The Galaxy Wide 6 is now available on Samsung’s official website in South Korea in blue, black and white for the official price of 349,000 South Korean won, which translates to approximately R$1,320, excluding national taxes. It is unknown if it will be sold in other locations like Galaxy A04s 5G.
Galaxy Wide 6: data sheet
- Screen: 6.5-inch LCD with HD+ resolution and 90 Hz refresh rate support;
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimension 700;
- RAM memory: 4 GB;
- Internal storage: 128 GB (expandable via microSD);
- Rear camera: triple 50 MP (main) + 2 MP (depth) + 2 MP (macro);
- Front camera: 5 MP;
- Battery: 5,000 mAh;
- Extras: Dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, 5G;
- Available colors: black, white, copper and green;
- Operating system: Android 12.