Samsung’s president and leader of Mobile Experience Business, TM Roh, reportedly confirmed that the company has already chosen a replacement model for the defunct Galaxy Note line. “Starting this year, the Galaxy Note will appear in the form of an S Ultra every year,” the executive said in a recent interview.
The “death” of the Galaxy Note is no longer a surprise; for more than a year Samsung had been showing signs that it did not intend to renew the Note line. Earlier this year, the South Korean company officially confirmed that it will no longer release models in the series and will instead focus on the S and Z series.
What’s more, the Galaxy S22 Ultra arrived with crucial similarities to the Note line models, such as a large screen and S Pen stylus support.
The last Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone series was the Note 20, released in August 2020. The lineup was not renewed in 2021 – thus began the rumors about the discontinuation. This year, the brand brought the Galaxy S22 Ultra as a spiritual successor to the Note 20.
The Galaxy S22 Ultra did a good job of filling the void left by the cancellation of the Galaxy Note and S Pen fans were not left out. the next cell phone flagship with pen support should therefore be the S23 Ultra, which will be presented in the first quarter of 2023. The expectation is that it will have a curved screen and a 200 MP camera.
- 6.8 inch 2X Dynamic AMOLED display
- Quad HD+ resolution (3080 x 1440)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 or Exynos 2200 Platform
- 8 or 12 GB of RAM memory
- 128, 256 or 512 GB of internal storage
- 5G support
- IP68 certified to resist liquids and dust
- 40 MP front camera (f/2.2; PD)
- Quad rear camera:
- 108 MP main sensor (f/1.8; PD), with OIS
- 12MP ultrawide sensor (f/2.2; Dual Pixel AF)
- 10MP telephoto sensor 1 (f/2.4; Dual Pixel AF), with 3x optical zoom and OIS
- 10 MP 2 telephoto sensor (f/4.9; Dual Pixel AF), with 10x optical zoom and OIS
- 5000mAh battery
- 45W fast charging support
- Dimensions: 77.9 x 163.3 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 229 grams
- Android 12 under One UI 4 custom interface
- Built-in S Pen
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G is available at Submarino for BRL 7,507.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G is available at Americanas for BRL 2,869. The cost-benefit is medium and this is the best model in this price range.