The Drum Shotgun in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 has become a nuisance to everyone. With high damage and a fast rate of fire, this automatic shotgun is one of the nastiest short-range weapons. Fortunately, players are learning how to counter the threat.
The biggest disadvantage of using Drum Shotgun in Fortnite is the lack of a decent range. The shotgun can be a threat at close range, but its wide spread makes it ineffective in medium to long range combat.
So players who open fire at will with the Drum Shotgun can often be annoying. Countering the weapon with the classic build mode becomes extremely difficult as players have to engage their enemies at close range. However, the weapon isn’t as bothersome in Zero Build mode.
Without building in the game, players can take on long-range fights against shotgun players. Also, the option to cover and slide, along with the tactical sprint, makes it easy to create distance between players and enemies.
Players should reposition themselves away from their enemies as soon as they see a Drum Shotgun. They can use the Stinger SMG or MK-Seven AR from a distance to engage them. Getting out of range of a drum shotgun is the best play to counter the close range weapon.
FORTNITE CHAPTER 3 | Week 9 Challenges
- Call in an Airstrike at The Collider or The Fortress (0/1) – Reward: 20,000 Season XP
- Use an elevator and deal damage to opponents within 30 seconds (0/100) – Reward: 20,000 Season XP
- Shoot the tires of OI vehicles (0/3) – Reward: 20,000 Season PE
- Hit an enemy player with an Assaulter Shotgun from more than 50 meters (0/50) – Reward: 20,000 Season XP
- Drive a Battle Bus or fly a Choppa to Control Cavern (0/1) – Reward: 20,000 Season PE
- Repair a vehicle at the Synapse Station or Chonker Circuit (0/200) – Reward: 20,000 Season PE
- Gesture at different OI Airship collision locations (0/2) – Reward: 20,000 Season XP
- Upgrade a Barrel Shotgun at an upgrade bench (0/1) – Reward: 20,000 Season XP
- Search Red Tool Boxes (0/2) – Reward: 20,000 Season PE
Listen to Dale Play on Spotify. Follow the program every Monday on our available audio platforms.