Besteiro explained that the malicious script is hosted on ipfs.io, which is a p2p web system (interplanetary file system) to share content where each member is a node in the network.
How can you avoid these types of scams?
To avoid falling into a fraud such as phishing, you must reinforce security in electronic devices and navigation, for example:
– Use the two-step verification system in accounts.
– Check that the URL of the websites start with “https”.
– Be wary of incredible offers or that offer quick ways to earn money.
– Remember that legitimate websites do not request passwords or financial information through messages.
– Use a complete and reliable security solution to be protected.
– Have updated software. In this way one makes sure that the operating system has the necessary patches or corrections to be protected against possible attacks.
– Avoid public WiFi connection, without password protection and where all traffic can be exposed. Ideally, use a reliable VPN to connect, especially if you are going to enter sensitive data on the web.