In June 2021, Manzana announced the arrival of the subscription system on its podcast platform for listeners from more than 170 countries around the world interested in premium content with this format. By the same means, users could support their favorite creators in the content production.
Currently, just over a year after this launch, a spokesperson for the technology company informed the media digiday that the number of subscriptions to paid podcasts increased by 300%, which would imply a positive reception on the part of users to this method of obtaining income.
In addition, 25% of the programs included in the top 100 podcast popular platform in the United States offer paid subscriptions, of which there is a economic benefit for the company which ranges between 15% and 30% of what the user pays.
However, the threefold increase in the number of paying subscribers in Applepodcast, It is not a specific figure because the company’s spokesperson did not make public the number of users who preferred this support model for creators. But, in the same way, it is a positive indicator to take into account for the future of the promotion of premium content in this format.
Most consumers are willing to pay
According to PollPod 2022a study carried out to learn more about the community that listens to podcasts on a recurring basis in Latin America, this increase in the number of subscriptions in Manzana Podcast is reflected in the increase in consumers interested in supporting their favorite creators.
In the 2019 survey, the number of people who considered taking monthly donations it was 64.4%, while in 2022 it reached a total of 75%, which implies that 7 out of 10 listeners would be willing to assume the cost of a subscription or donation on a regular basis.
According to the same document, the statistics show variations according to age groups and countries, since listeners over 55 years of age are no longer willing to pay (reduced to 6 out of 10 people), while in Colombia the number of users willing to pay increases to 8 out of 10.
On the other hand, it is indicated that 45% of the people surveyed are motivated to make donations or monthly payments so that the episodes they listen to do not have advertising included.
Top 100 Apple Podcasts in the US
1. Crime Junkie (Audiochuck)
2. The Deck (audiochuck)
3. The Sunshine Place (C13Originals / Team Downey)
4. Girls Next Level (Holly Madison and Bridget Marquardt)
5. The Official Game of Thrones Podcast: House of the Dragon (HBO Max)
6. Huberman Lab (Scicomm Media)
7. Morbid (Morbid Network / Wondery)
8. Dateline NBC (NBC News)
9. The Daily (The New York Times)
10. This Is Actually Happening (Wondery)
Other podcasts on the platform are:
15. Real Ones with Jon Bernthal (Jon Bernthal)
25. Joe Rogan Experience Review podcast (Joe Rogan)
27. Fantasy Footballers – Fantasy Football Podcast (Fantasy Football)
43. Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend (Team Coco/Earwolf)
46. Good Sex (Medium Lemonade)
71. Anatomy of Murder (audiochuck)
76. Office Ladies (Earwolf / Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey)