As of this March 15, ApplePay officially starts operating Peru and Argentinawith the possibility of being used in devices iPhone and Apple Watch. This innovation allows users to be independent of physical card payments and make transfers with ease.
On October 20, 2014, Manzana made a global announcement breaking with the most classic schemes of the economy in many countries that were still faithful to the use of cash, therefore, the brand of the bitten apple presented a mobile payment method that gave people the opportunity to use a cell phone or tablets to pay for services or products, without need to have bills or coins on hand.
This method has been implemented in the regions of Latin America, North America, the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia; in countries such as the United States, Macao, Bulgaria, Palestine, Qatar, Jersey, Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Canada, Colombia, Brazil and Mexico.
What is ApplePay
Apple Pay is Apple’s mobile payment service, a system designed to be used both with the NFC chip of the iPhone and Apple Watch in different stores, and for payments in different apps and websites.
I know they can add bank cards to Apple Pay and pay as if they had them physically, no need to enter a code, just identifying ourselves with Face ID or Touch ID.
It is important to specify that Apple Pay is a free service. Apple doesn’t charge a fee to use Apple Pay in stores, on the website, or in apps.
How to add a new card to Apple Pay on iPhone
– In the app Briefcasepush the button Add.
– Press Debit or credit card.
– tap on Continue.
– Now you have to choose the bank or card issuer from the list or use the search bar to find them.
And how to pay with Apple Pay from an iPhone?
– If the user has a iPhone with FaceID, you have to double click on the side button. Authenticate with Face ID or enter the code.
– On the other hand, if you have a iPhone with Touch ID, place your finger on the corresponding sensor.
– Hold the top of the iPhone near the contactless reader until it can be seen okay and a check mark on the screen.
How to add a card to Apple Pay on Apple Watch
– Open the app Briefcase on the Apple Watch.
– Swipe down and tap Add card.
– Press Debit or credit card to add a new card, or press previous card to choose one that has been previously added to the Wallet app.
– Press Continue.
– Follow the steps that appear on the screen to enter the card information and add it.
And how to pay with Apple Pay from an Apple Watch?
– Must have set a code on the Apple Watch.
– Press twice the side button.
– The default card opens automatically. Now you have to scroll down to select another card.
– Hold the Apple Watch screen close to the contactless reader until a light touch is felt and a beep is heard.
How to add a card to Apple Pay on Mac or iPad
– Open settings Briefcase in a Mac or iPad.
– On a Mac model with Touch ID, enter System Preferences > Wallet > Apple Pay.
– On the iPad, go to Settings > Wallet > Apple Pay.
– Press Add card.
– Follow the steps shown on the screen to add a card.
– Verify the information with the bank or card issuer.
And how to pay with Apple Pay from a Mac or iPad?
– enter a app or web compatible with Apple Pay.
– To select Apple Pay as a payment system before finalizing the purchase.
– Identify yourself with Touch ID or Face ID.
Apple Pay bets on a greater reach in Latin America
Without a doubt, the arrival of Apple Pay in Argentina and Peru is great news since it comes at a time when contactless payments are the most popular. In any case, it is surprising that Apple prefers to settle first in the Argentine market than in other countries where its products are more accessible to the masses.
It must be remembered that, until 2021, the iPhone held only the 7th market share of smartphones in Argentina. Indeed, the Cupertino company does not have a direct presence in the country. This is due to the high prices of Apple products; for example, a iPhone 13 ProMax with 512 GB of storage it is sold for about 540 thousand pesos, lor that is equivalent to just over USD$4,900 at the official exchange rate.
On the other hand, the iOS market in Peru has a total of 6.97% users as of February 2022, according to figures from StatCounter. However, the apple market generally has high consumption and bankingUnlike Android and its huge ecosystem in nature, does not effectively support a single viable system.
We at techmarkup.com provide information gathered from different resources by multiple authors including guest articles, We do not own any of the images or contents shared unless declared copyrighted for the image or content. If you find any copyrighted material on site please contact us at [email protected] techmarkup.com is a project of Arizona developers.