Apple recently rolled out the update to iOS 15.1! The SharePlay in iOS 15.1 is now finally available. The function enables you to watch films and series with friends or family over a distance. In the following, you will find out exactly how this works and which new functions your iPhone still gets.
- iOS 15.1 is the biggest update of the operating system since September and takes up 1.41 GB
- In addition to the SharePlay feature, there have been a number of software enhancements for the iPhone 13 Pro’s camera
- The update contains, among other things, bug fixes for photo storage and apps like Wallet
SharePlay in iOS 15.1 is finally available
The iOS 15 announced in September appeared on the iPhones without one of the most hyped functions of the time: SharePlay. With this function you can share content from the Apple TV app, Apple Music, Fitness + and other compatible apps in the App Store via Face-Time.
Since the controls are shared, each participant in the call can pause, play, rewind or fast forward the transmission. And if the group wants to make comments during a film, for example, the volume of the streaming sound is automatically turned down. If you also have an Apple TV, you can use SharePlay on the big screen while you continue FaceTime.
When you use it, SharePlay shares the screen of your iPhone so that everyone who calls via FaceTime can see what is happening on the screen in real time. I have already tested the function with my colleague Johanna and everything went very smoothly.
New for the camera of the new iPhone 13 Pro
Another innovation is the long-awaited introduction of the ProRes video codec on the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max. In addition, there is now the option of deactivating automatic camera switching when taking macro photos and videos on the Pro models.
Wallet and other news
Among the other new features in iOS 15.1 that deserve a mention is a new feature in the Apple Wallet. You can now add your vaccination card there. In addition, the translation app Finally supports Mandarin (Taiwan) and new automation that are based on the current measured values of a HomeKit-enabled humidity, air quality or light level sensor.
The update also addresses the following issues:
- The recurring message that the memory of the Photos app is full when importing photos and videos
- In the Weather app the current temperature for “My location” not displayed
- the Audio playback an app pauses when the screen is locked
- The wallet closes unexpectedly when using Multi-pass VoiceOver
- Detection of available Wi-Fi networks
- The battery algorithms on the iPhone 12 models have been updated to better estimate battery capacity over time.
You haven’t installed iOS 15.1 yet? Because go to settings > Generally > Software update > Download and install the new version.