20 basic commands to start using the Google voice assistant
Enabling an alarm through Ok Google is one of the most useful actions for you to help remember what to do and wake up at the desired time. This action is enabled with the following commands:
– Ok/Hey Google, wake me up tomorrow at 7 am.
– Ok/Hey Google, wake me up Thursday at 9 am.
– Ok/Hey Google, set an alarm in 8 hours.
– Ok/Hey Google, turn off the next alarm.
Calls, emails and messages
Similarly, the Google Assistant will also allow you to perform tasks related to phone calls without having to touch the screen of your mobile phone. What’s more, you can also send messages with certain apps like Telegram, WhatsApp or Viber. These are some examples:
– Ok/Hey Google, call dad.
– Ok/Hey Google, start a video call with brother.
– Ok/Hey Google, send an email to José with the subject “Tomorrow I’ll have lunch outside” and the message “Tomorrow I’m going to eat with my parents”.
– Ok/Hey Google, text Dad and tell him I’m going to train tomorrow.
– Ok/Hey Google, send a WhatsApp to my sister that says “Tomorrow I’m going to travel with mom and dad. Let’s go if you want.”
In the same way, and from the Google Assistant, can also be used apps What Google Maps for GPS navigation. And with it you can also take advantage of the voice search function, which will allow you to perform some actions aloud while driving the car.
– Ok/Hey Google, how to get to José Pardo?
– Ok/Hey Google, take me to my work
– Ok/Hey Google, where am I?
– Ok/Hey Google, where is the nearest gym?
– Ok/Hey Google, how far is it from Lima to Piura?
– Ok/Hey Google, how long would it take to drive to Arequipa?
– Ok/Hey Google, interesting places to see in Cusco.
calendar and notes
Another basic option is browse the agenda cell phone like a virtual secretary and take notes for yourself when something is on your mind, or you have to remember an important topic to deal with later.
– Ok/Hey Google, what’s on my calendar for tomorrow?
– Ok/Hey Google, create an event for 4 pm next Thursday, to meet with a worker.
– Ok/Hey Google, take this note (mention “colon”): Discuss finances in the meeting.
– Ok/Hey Google, Note (mention “colon”): Write about Google Assistant for tomorrow.