The extremely flexible, adaptable design of the surface is a big issue with Android 12. Judging by the first screenshots and reports, Google will push the subject even further with Android 13. But see for yourself.
- Android 13 should offer more options for the dynamic background design.
- The color palette can be made either more colorful or more subtle – and new colors can also be added.
- Accordingly, the whole Android 13 UI looks simpler or more peppy.
The dynamic background design is one of the highlights of Android 12. The operating system compiles a color palette to match the background image you have selected and uses it for menu elements, windows, buttons throughout the operating system. As a result, the design always looks like it is made of one piece.
Unfortunately, the feature is initially only available for Pixel smartphones. Various manufacturers have already developed their own versions of the dynamic background design, for example Samsung with One UI 4.0 or Oppo with Color OS 12. Unfortunately, it is not yet clear whether this will change with Android 13. But it looks like Google is expanding the feature further.
As AndroidPolice reports, there should be different options for Android 13 how the operating system compiles the color palette from the background images – for example with an emphasis on bright colors, or rather more subtle. In total there should be four options:
- TONAL_SPOT: Automatically calculated palette similar to Android 12
- VIBRANT: Similar to TONAL_SPOT, but with additional color accents
- EXPRESSIVE: Android 13 supplements the color palette with matching colors that are not included in the background image
- SPRITZ: very reserved color selection, almost monochrome
In the following picture gallery you can see an example of how the color palette with the four different options is composed using a background image. Click on the pictures to see them in full size.
What do you think of the design options? Would you like more freedom to adapt the design of your smartphone?
What do you think about Leaked Android 13 screenshots ? Let us know in the comments.