The joint work management application, Microsoft Teamswill add to its list of features the inclusion of an interpreter in case users hold video calls where more than one language is spoken.
This new feature of app It is intended as a solution to the wide variety of people, from different countries of the world, with whom a user could interact through the platform.
Teams will have a team of professionals trained in translation to communicate what a interlocutor is saying without interrupting him.
“This feature was designed to support our customers and users, who need to communicate in the virtual world in different languages”, indicates the official statement issued by the company of technology in which it also indicates that this service is available to all people who use the platform to do video calls.
In addition, this new function is highlighted as one oriented towards the inclusion of people and favoring users, who will be able to collaborate with each other regardless of the difference between the ways they have to communicate.
Microsoft states that the tool will allow them to listen to a meeting in a language with which they are more comfortable, so, in addition to allowing request an interpreterit is also possible that a person with adequate knowledge of a foreign language could take that role during the conversation.
How to use the interpreter function
According to the official support page of microsoftthere are two ways to incorporate a person who translates a language in a video call in teams. These are: organizing a conference with the support of an interpreter, or assigning an assistant the role of translator.
Organize a video call with an interpreter
People can organize a conference and request the interpreter support in advance during the setting Of the same. For that you need:
– Create and save a meeting in Microsoft Teams.
– On the platform, the user must select Calendar and open the meeting in which they want to add an interpretation service.
– Select Options in the meeting and activate the Allow language interpretation tab.
– A drop-down list will appear on the screen. search for interpreters in which you can specify the source language and which one you want to translate.
– The person organizing the meeting will have the option to add more translators to the session. The professionals who support this service they can only do it one way; that is to say that, for example, they will only be able to translate from English to Spanish. To do it in the opposite direction, more interpreters must be added.
– Select Save so that the changes made in the meeting are saved correctly.
Appoint an assistant as a translator
Within a video call it is possible to find a person who can speak the required language to facilitate communication or, in another case, organizations can hire a private person. interpreter of your choice. Therefore, Microsoft Teams also has an option to assign a video call attendee the role of translator.
In order to do so, it will be necessary that:
– Enter the Participants section of Microsoft Teams during the meeting.
– Hover over the person you want to assign as an interpreter and select More Options.
– Click on the Convert to interpreter option.
To choose which language to hear
People who benefit from the interpreter service in Microsoft Teams they will be able to choose an audio channel through which they want to listen to their interlocutor. They can do it in Source language or, if you prefer, hear the presentation through the interpreter, who is on a separate channel and cannot change at will.
To do this, these steps must be followed:
– Immediately after joining a meeting where the interpreter service is available, a dialog will appear with the option to choose the language into which the meeting will be translated.
– In case the box does not appear automatically, you must select More actions in the meeting controls and then select the Language Interpretation option.
– In the drop-down menu, the person will have to choose the language they want to hear and select Confirm .